Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 3

This morning I met with Jeremy before the scheduled studio meeting to discuss general progress. It was noted that i will be updating my weekly reports when i get the project on track. It was also recommended that we each need to be spending 12-16 hours a week, i am sitting in the lower part of this range and that will be increased when i finalise the focus of my project.
Some areas i am looking at are:

Hyde Park Barracks
Oxford Street
Reservoir Paddington

I need to do a few tests of an object, a building and maybe a series of buildings.
also do a precedent study....something related to what you are doing. Critique it...what is good about it and what can be improved. What can be learnt, what i endeavour to do with it. It can be bad example and pinpoint how you would do it differently. The precedent studies should take up a third of your final report. Do 1 or more each week

I managed to pull together a few tests with Photosynth this week. I took some photos of a car showroom in artarmon and discovered some initial problems. This gave me a bit of direction and a starting block.

I met with Josh on Thursday for a tutorial on how to take the right images which was beneficial. We started off in town hall and then shortly got the boot so headed to a church on Castlereigh St. I then processed these using Photosynth and the results were pleasing.

After discussing developments with Josh, we have started looking into film as a source of still images to capture and compare areas of interest over the years. This is beneficial as a lot of images can be pulled from film. Yet to test.




No comments:

Post a Comment